No Winter ‘Blahs’ at Brentwood!
Here are some great reasons to be excited about life on our campus over the next few weeks:
- Basketball. The season is in full swing and Brentwood’s girls and boys teams are gaining notoriety in the province. There is much to cheer about and honestly, is there really anything more fun then sitting in a crazy-loud gym cheering on the home team? I can hear it now: “Bee-See-Ess, Bee-See-Ess”!
- Skiing every Sunday! Beginning this weekend, Brentwood students have the option of heading up to Mt. Washington (over 500 cm of base right now!) every Sunday. With such amazing conditions, it is hard to stay away.
- Hockey Night in Mill Bay. Undefeated in this event the last two years, our junior and varsity hockey teams face off against arch-rivals Shawnigan Lake School one more time in this annual affair. A three-peat?
- British Columbia Tennis Season Ice Breaker Classic. Itching to get started, this Vancouver event is a great way to get our tennis team ready for their season.
- Monster Erg. Held in Victoria, at the University of Victoria – McKinnon Gym. This is a great competition for our rowers to see how they stack up on the ergometer with the best in the world.
- The Ross Cup. Brentwood hosts one of the largest high school ice hockey tournaments in the province. Named after legendary former Head of School, Bill Ross. Great hockey and great entertainment.
- Java Hut. Arguably the most popular event of the year. A hotly anticipated talent night at Brentwood. Dancing, singing, poetry, comedy, magic acts – you name it. A guaranteed night to remember.
- Valentines Dance. Need I say more?
For the dates of these and other Brentwood events, please check our calendar found on our website: www.brentwood.bc.ca