Greetings from the Parent Committee Chair!
On behalf of the Brentwood Parent Committee, welcome to the start of another busy year for our kids! This is my fourth and final year as a Brentwood parent, and my third year on the Parent Committee. I thoroughly enjoy being part of the Brentwood community and connecting with other families over the course of the school year.
As some of you may already know, the Parent Committee is a group of volunteers which partners with the Advancement Office to help educate parents about the importance of everyone participating in Annual Giving.
On this year’s Committee are:
- Sheila Bailey (Shannon, ‘11 & Patrick, ‘14) – Calgary, AB
- Heather Crandall (Elizabeth, ‘12 & Tom, ‘15) – Comox, BC
- Shelley Crawford (Bryn, ‘16) – Vancouver, BC
- Chris & Rebecca Ford (Evan, ‘14 & Sarah, ‘17) – Whistler, BC
- Judith Harder (Hilton ’77, Rhiannon Foster, ‘98, Amber, ’03, & Julian, ‘17) – North Vancouver, BC
- Stefanie Philipp (Alex, ’87 & Cole, ‘15) – Yellowknife, NT
- Mairi Pigeon (Jacqueline, ‘13 & Rachel, ‘16) – Duncan, BC
- Pam Richmond (John Childs, ‘13, and Jaclyn, ‘16) – Mill Bay, BC
- Leslie Scragg (Katlan, ‘16) – Vancouver, BC
Each of us has witnessed the impact that the Annual Giving campaign has on Brentwood students - from white board and projector upgrades in the classrooms, to a new wireless sound system in the theatre, to new photography and fitness equipment, to facilities improvements – to name just a few. We are all grateful to the many parents, alumni, parents of alumni and faculty/staff who contribute each year to enhance our children’s experiences at Brentwood.
By now you will have received a brochure in the mail from the school which outlines the 2013-2014 campaign and we urge you to please join us in supporting this important annual campaign. Full parent participation is key and we will be calling many of you to touch base about your annual contribution.
We look forward to chatting over the course of the year. Meantime, I hope to see lots of you at the next Parent Reception following the Concert for a Winter’s Eve on Friday November 29th.
Stephanie Mulvey (Rielly Milne, ‘14)
Parent Committee Chair, 2013-2014