Dogwood Scholarships: Opportunities for the Future
As the deadline for making the big university choice grows closer and closer, Brentwood students set out to showcase their talents and passions and strive for a provincial Dogwood Scholarship. Dogwoods are an award to recognize the dedication of Grade 12s in schools across BC. The Dogwood Scholarships are available to graduates who demonstrate excellence in fine arts, leadership, community service, sports, or applied skills.
Brentwood hosted the adjudications where students had to perform in front of judges, or interview with local experts, to showcase their skills and abilities in their subject areas. At the end of the evening, Brentwood had 15 students receive the $1250 bursary for post-secondary education. The winners were in the categories of dance, sport performance, musical theatre, creative writing, debate and public speaking, robotics, music performance, theatre production and community service.
We are very proud of all the applicants and winners and what amazing feats they have achieved.
1. Derek A, Popular Music: Voice
2. Gina B, Community Service
3. Olivia B, Community Service
4. Victoria B, Community Service
5. Holly CH, Music Theatre
6. Gemma E, Debate/Public Speaking
7. Pria F, Theatre Production
8.Sarah F, Musical Theatre
9. Kaviraj G, Debate/Public Speaking
10. Linnea M, Robotics
11. William MP, Performance in Sport: Team
12. Maxwell Q, Debate/Public Speaking
13. Sarah R, Creative Writing
14. Tasmin W, Dance
15. Bethany W, Creative Writing
Gina B, Mackenzie ‘17