It has been another strong year in sport for the Brentwood Athletics program. Despite being a small AA school, Brentwood fields a remarkable number of competitive teams that are able to achieve first-class results. Some of the highlights for this year included:
- Our Junior and Senior Girls Volleyball teams earning berths to the Island Championships.
- Senior Girls Field Hockey making it to Islands.
- Junior Girls Field Hockey winning Silver at Islands!
- Tara Blundell winning gold at the Provincial Club Cross Country Championship.
- Strong registration in our senior boys hockey program and Mr. Flynn returning to the programme.
- Senior Girls, Junior Girls and Senior Boys Basketball teams all earning berths to islands.
- Senior Girls Rugby team earning a bronze medal at provincials.
- Senior Boys Rugby team placing 7th at provincials.
- The Tennis team finished fourth on the island.
- Junior Girls Soccer wins mid-islands earning a berth to the island championship.
- Rowing Team with a record 49 athletes participating in final events at the National Championship in St. Catharines and capturing:
- Gold: Junior Men's Quad
- Silver: Senior Women's 8+, Senior Women's 63kg 8+, Junior Women's 8+, Junior Women's 4+
- Bronze: Senior Men's 8+, Senior Women's quad
Perhaps more importantly, our students all benefitted from a diverse range of sporting options in all three of their terms at school. Our coaches did a fantastic job providing them with enriched experiences and the result was a healthy, happy and productive student body. The benefits of managing a busy academic, arts and athletics schedule can’t help but better prepare our kids for the future. Congrats to all our student athletes of 2013/14!
Mr. Blake Gage, Director of Athletics