The implementation of a ten-year strategic plan will continue to position Brentwood as a school of the future by our ongoing commitment to innovative curriculum development, cooperative learning and teaching methods adapted to the 21st century learner. Our commitment to a full boarding program will develop life-long skills for future leaders by inculcating independence, collaboration and a global mindset.
Brentwood operates effectively on fee revenue. However, in order to upgrade facilities, establish an endowment that provides the necessary financial assistance for worthy students, and offset the cost of leading-edge programs, Brentwood must fundraise.
|New Athletic Centre||Financial Assistance||Annual Giving Priorities|
“Brentwood is well positioned to be the torch of learning now and into the future. If we harness the energy of the entire Brentwood family, our flame will continue to light the path forward.” Bud Patel, Head of School
New Athletic Centre
Aligned with Brentwood’s 2013-23 Strategic Plan, the next phase in campus development is a new state-of-the-art Athletic Complex that will provide a central athletic space for all students. We are working to secure the balance of the funding in order to be able to proceed to construction.
Providing financial assistance to worthy students significantly enhances the school’s ability to attract and retain the most promising students, regardless of their families’ financial circumstances. In turn, these students elevate everyone’s Brentwood experience in all aspects of school life. This year, 1 student in 5 is on some level of financial support.
Bursary Now: your gift will have an immediate impact on a current student who would not be able to attend without support, thus helping us keep our school accessible to a broad range of worthy kids.
Endowment: While specific funds within the Brentwood Foundation support programs, such as Brentwood’s Learning Centre, the cost of shells for the rowing program and technical theatre equipment for the performing arts, the bulk of endowed funds provide financial assistance. The Brentwood endowment of $1.2 million in 2002 now stands at over $18 million. The goal, established in 2000, is $20 million by 2020. For more information about giving to endowment, or to find out about establishing your own named bursary fund, contact John Allpress.
Annual Giving Priorities
Unrestricted gifts to the 2017-2018 Annual Giving campaign will help support the following priority initiatives:
- New Athletic Centre: Aligned with Brentwood’s 2013-23 Strategic Plan, the next phase in campus development is the Eldon and Anne Foote Athletic Complex that will provide a central athletic space for all students. Fundraising continues in order to secure the balance of funds required to complete the project.
- Student Financial Assistance: Brentwood provides one in five students with financial assistance, ensuring Brentwood fosters a diverse student body and provides opportunities for deserving candidates.
- Faculty Development: People are Brentwood's greatest asset. As such, Brentwood seeks to empower teachers, coaches, and arts instructors to implement innovative techniques and course design. Professional development opportunities and continuing education are essential as we strive towards our vision to set the standard globally for inspirational and transformative learning.
- 21st Century Learning: Brentwood is committed to implementing a progressive classroom design, furnishings, and integrated technology that support vibrant discussion, debate, discovery, movement, group learning, and multimedia.
- Residential Life: Boarding is central to Brentwood and we endeavour to provide a world-class boarding experience. Residential Life programming extends beyond the dorm walls and includes leadership and character building elements, Strathcona Park camp for grade 9 students, Leadership Training for grade 11, health and wellness education, peer counselling, and the list goes on.
- Programmes: Donations to the annual giving campaign help enhance our tripartite programming across the campus. Theatre equipment, rowing shells, athletic trainers/physiotherapists, special guest speakers, and robotics equipment are among the many valuable programmatic dimensions made possible by annual gifts to Brentwood.