Step 1 - Submit your online application
Getting to know our applicants is a vital part of the admissions process and our online application has been designed to ensure ease of use. This application should take roughly 30 minutes to complete. There is a section for the parent and a section for the student to complete. Please include as much information as possible to help us to appreciate your talents and achievements. Upon completion of the application, you will receive an email notifying you of the supporting documents we require.
Please note there is an application fee of $300.
Should you have any questions during this process please contact us directly at email@example.com
Due to the volume of applicants from Mainland China or Hong Kong, applicants from these countries must sit the SSAT test and email the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know that the exam has been taken. When accessing the test online, the applicant must nominate Brentwood, where indicated, to enable us to access the results from the SSAT website. If the applicant forgets to do this, the test file can be re-entered afterwards to nominate Brentwood. Once we have reviewed the SSAT scores, we will inform the applicant if they can proceed with an application or not.
Note for day student applicants: Canadian citizens living permanently in the area are eligible to apply for a day student place. Applicants should note that the vast majority of day student places are offered at the Grade 8 level.
Step 2 - Submit supporting documents
- School reports: previous & current academic year. International students: please include an English translation.
- Two recommendations: one academic recommendation (completed by the student’s most recent Mathematics teacher) and one personal recommendation (completed by a coach, tutor, or similar position - not a relative). You may include an additional academic reference.
- A photocopy of the applicant's birth certificate. International students: please include an English translation.
- A passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- $300 application fee – non refundable
Please submit the above documents in PDF form to email@example.com or by fax to 250-743-2911.
Step 3 - Campus Tour, Test, and Interview
Canadian and US applicants:
- Campus tours can be facilitated Monday through Saturday at 10:00am. Please call our admissions line at 250-743-5521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A 30 minute general aptitude test can be completed here on campus. Alternatively, we will accept the results from an SSAT Test. The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is a multiple-choice aptitude test for students in grades 5-11.
- Candidates will have a personal interview with our Director of Admissions or an associate lasting 20-30 minutes.
- While we strongly encourage new applicants to complete a campus tour, we understand that geography can be an impediment.
- The 30 minute aptitude test can be completed at the applicant’s present school. We would require a teacher or counselor (or other suitable professional) to invigilate the test. Alternatively, we will accept the results from an SSAT Test. The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is a multiple-choice aptitude test for students in grades 5-11. We are happy to offer Skype or a telephone call as an interview alternative.