Brentwood basketball emphasizes skill development, commitment to teammates, and love of the game. Whether they are developing skills in the off-season, or fighting for an Island championship, players always work hard and enjoy what they do. Recently, Brentwood has emerged as one of the top teams on the island and is now consistently ranked at the Provincial level as well as producing boys and girls that perform at the provincial and post-secondary levels.
The coaches have experience at the professional and collegiate level, and are committed to providing Brentwood players with every opportunity to improve. The basketball programme is one of the four 'varsity' sports offered for boys at Brentwood which means that those students who wish to excel have the opportunity to play all three terms.
- The senior teams participate in competitions to qualify for a berth in the provincial championships.
- The junior teams compete for berths in the Island and mid-Island championships respectively.
"The Brentwood basketball programme was a fantastic experience. The environment was demanding, but also incredibly supportive; it gave me the start I needed to improve my game and earn a full scholarship to an NCAA Division 1 school."
-Ben Felix (Class of 2006) Northeastern University Men's Basketball Colonial Athletic Conference, NCAA Division 1
The Brentwood girls’ basketball programme promotes teamwork, hard work ethic and skill development within a competitive, positive and fun environment. The annual schedule allows female basketball players the opportunity to play basketball all three terms.
- we encourage self-confidence through personal and team accomplishments and set goals to achieve our best each season
- competitive mid-island, north-island league and championships
- we participate in the north island and island championships
Term 1: Skill Development & Fitness
- Drop-in gym time 2-3 days per week with skill development and competitive scrimmages.
Term 2: Competitive Season
- Practices 3-4 times a week
- League games against mid-island schools
- Various tournaments on Vancouver Island and in Vancouver – including the annual Independent School Association (ISA) Tournament.
- Sr. Team participates in the mid-island and island championships to qualify for a berth to the B.C. provincial championships (Jr. teams compete for berths to the mid-island and island championships)
Term 3: Skill Development & Fitness
- Practices 3 times per week
- Skill development and competitive scrimmages.
- We encourage self-confidence through personal and team accomplishments and set goals to achieve our best each season.